I have done a billion of these surveys in high school, and I don’t think I’ve done a single one since then. But, considering who it was who tagged me, and the fact that it’s just barely 8am, I’ll just tag a few people. If you see this and want to do it, feel free!
- Always post the rules
- Answer the questions of the person who tagged you and write 10 new ones
- Tag 10 people and link them; let them know they are tagged.
1. What song are you obsessed with right now?
- Son Lux - Easy
- Elvis Costello and The Roots - Come the Meantimes
- Iron & Wine - Belated Promise Ring
- Langhorne Slim - The Way We Move
- Volcano, I’m Still Excite - Byron’s 24th Christmas
2. Are there any teachers from your schooldays who you can STILL look back on with fear and loathing?
Yes, Sister Cindy. She was the most awful human being, wrapped in a shell of community service and reverence for our lord and savior. I even once heard one of the other teachers call her the B-word.
3. What are the people you live with like? If you live alone, do you enjoy it?
I live with my roomie, Georgia. She’s a 9-12 year old cat, who is a total love bug and has recently adopted lap-sitting. Which I’m happy about. Aside from her, I live alone, and love it, but am ready to live with someone else.
4. Is your proudest accomplishment something you could put on a resume?
I can, and do, put it on my resume. I’ve done so much good work (including having actual clients!) with Displaced Snail Publications that it ranks above all other jobs except my current one.
5. What fictional character would you marry if you could?
The narrator from White Elephants.
6. Which part of your own body do you think is the most beautiful?
This one took me off guard. Either my biceps or my beard. Which is strange, because I don’t work out much, and don’t even keep a particularly tidy or impressive beard. I wonder if all guys feel this way?
7. Total materialism: Is there an object that you really covet at the moment?
Yes. There is a Gorillaz book called Rise of the Ogre that I dream about, but it sells for between $80 and $300, so I just can’t bring myself to buy it. I always bid on it on eBay, though, hoping maybe, just maybe, everyone else will forget about it and I’ll be able to win it without breaking bank.
8. Which instrument is your favorite to hear played?
Can I say “The human voice” or is that one of those answers that only an asshole would give? If it is, then I always love to hear a violin.
9. City or country?
Y’know, I never expected myself to say this longterm, but country, definitely country. I grew up in a suburb of NYC that was so congested that rush hour lasts from 3-8, and that driving in a city feels normal. So last year I took the jump and moved out to the country, and man, it is just beautiful. I feel so much better.
10. What was the best show / performance you saw this year?
Wow, tough one. Let me just list some of them I saw: I loved seeing Stars in January, STRFKR was a lot of fun, and seeing Matt Pond play live was radical. Pedro the Lion ruled. But if I had to pick best, I’d go with David Bazan’s living room show in Champaign, IL. That man is just too good of a musician.
If anyone wants to do this, I’ll make 10 new questions.
1. Do you have a pet? Tell me about it. If not, why not?
2. Do you have a favorite font?
3. What do you think of olives?
4. Are you good with plants?
5. Who is your favorite musician, and does that stay constant?
6. What do you do for yourself when you feel down?
7. What is your favorite weather?
8. What was your worst job?
9. Estimate how many movies you’ve seen.
10. Do you have a favorite monster or mythological beast?